🌻 Community Building
- A Prehistory of DAOs
- Brick By Brick: A free guide to building awesome communities
- What makes a community?
- How to build a self-sustaining web3 community
- Coordination Across Social Distance
small communities require an organiser to keep things going
- Best practices for community managers
- Four types of open source communities
- Of the community, not above the community
- How to DAO 2021: Onboarding as Wayfinding
- Principles of DAO cooperation
- What We Can Learn from Decentralized Community Building
Leveraging friend communities
"A group of friends who enjoy each others' company ought to build something together."
"Let's buy a bar together."
"Let's buy land and move to the country and raise our kids together."
"To have a good networking is essential to face the challenges of our days. Alone we are nothing."
only around 10% to 20% of people in a given community will end up being regulars
Local memes, shared memories. This stuff at large scale makes nations.
- also see Memetics, Psyops
- The Lore Zone by Other Internet
- Why Losing Bonds Sports Fans
Communities centered around holding a specific token are a lot like sports fans.
- The (3,3) mindset by Cobie
- Groups never admit failure
taken from How to DAO 2021: Onboarding as Wayfinding